Saturday, January 28, 2012

My entire life I've felt this draw to Florida. I can't explain it, don't understand it, know that I feel it. Like it's where I'm supposed to be. Now that could be totally wrong and I'm just nuts, but as I said, I've felt it my entire life. I've been there twice, loved it both times. I want to go back.

I've always done the wrong things for the wrong reasons. Or because I thought it was what I was supposed to do or someone else needed me to do. I've rarely done anything big because it's what I want to do. I followed my parents all over, around in circles and back to where we started, more than once.

So I've picked a place, or rather two (options are always good) that I would like to look at to move to in two years. Both are on the Gulf Coast of Florida. They are places I want to be, for me. And for my kids. I want to be happy for once. And I want to be back on the water. I miss having a boat under my feet, I miss the smell of diesel, the sound of the mains, I miss the feeling of the boat moving with the water, the smells, sights, sounds. I want to get back on it.

To do that I need a location with water and boats. That isn't Oregon. So, two years is the plan right now. We'll see what happens.

No comments: