Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm not on a 7 day this or a 30 day that! I'm not losing 30 pounds this week, and I’m not starving myself to see that number move! My mind is and has been dialed into a new healthy life! It has been years not days in the making and even though I may not win every 5k, I will win my life’s marathon! ~ Robert Lee Kinder
Robert is a guy on Facebook who I follow. He often posts motivational quotes and sayings. This one struck me as particularly apropos and descriptive  of how I feel lately.  I know there is no fast track, there is no magic pill and even with surgery there are still issues. 
And damnit, I like food. I watch my friends eat and see how much they can eat at any given time. Honestly I think that would drive me nuts. So many people think that 30 days will make some magic difference in them. It won't. Not one that lasts anyway. 
I have, at this point decided against pursuing the surgical option. On the off chance that I become diabetic I will revisit it as an option, but as things are right now, let someone who needs it worse than I have the chance. I'm doing the old fashioned way. Diet change, exercise and lifestyle change.
 

No comments: