Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I was asked an interesting question today. Are you and your body the same or separate? And, is hating your body the same as hating yourself?

I can't say as I've ever given this much thought until now. I often feel like I'm trapped in my body. Like a prisoner in the dungeon of some archaic castle. My body is the torture chamber my mind is forced to endure. The pain becomes such a constant part of my life that I have become somewhat detached from it. The result is a very real form of self loathing.

And what is the point of hating yourself? What does it accomplish? Not a damn thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you upset against yourself because you hate yourself now? You can forgive yourself. You cannot change your past decisions, but you have the choice to give yourself love and take positive decisions that will get you where you want to go, little by little. You will have to deal with painful emotions on the way, because you will have to learn new ways of coping with issues, but just give them a quick, neutral look, and keep focusing on your goal instead. If it's really hard to ignore them, look at the positive steps you already accomplished and make sure to build up on them. And keep doing it!