Friday, July 6, 2012

Hurry up and weight

Started the process to get bariatric surgery last evening. 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back but a required hoop I must leap. An "informational" seminar. I suppose I may have gleaned some tidbit of unknown information, seems things change regularly with these surgeries.

Now it's time to wait and see, hurry up and do nothing. Sit around and wonder if the phone is going to ring. The process for this is long. My application has to be reviewed, the insurance has to approve it and then, if those happen, the actual process begins.

If everything does get approved then it will most likely take another couple months, or longer to jump the remaining hoops and actually get the surgery. They will make me lose up to 10% of my weight (that's be easy, because you know, that's not why I'm wanting this surgery or anything). Dietitians and shrinks will be involved and what ever else they decide I need.

So, we shall see if I hear anything. If not, it's on to plan B, what ever that turns out to be.

No comments: