Friday, July 27, 2012

Time to fish or cut bait (or in my case, get off my ass or die)

My current weight is 580. My height is a little over 6'3", giving me a BMI of roughly 72.5

English BMI Formula
BMI = ( Weight in Pounds / ( Height in inches x Height in inches ) ) x 703


In order to qualify for bariatric surgery I need a BMI of 70 or less.

What I know at this point:

  • I have an appointment with the bariatric surgeon on August 7th to discuss my options and hopefully start the process towards surgery.
  • I will have to lose around 50 pounds to qualify for the surgery
  • My insurance does not cover the entire cost and I will have to cover several thousand out of pocket
  • The cost to my health and quality of life is too high to not do this.
 I've got migraines, those could be reduced. I suffer from depression, that could be reduced. Sleep apnea could get better, bad joints won't hurt as much. I could actually enjoy life again.

So, now I have got to quit making excuses. I have to focus and do what I know I need do. I have the knowledge. I need find the discipline.



No comments: