Friday, June 5, 2009

Random Thoughts

If a black American moves to Africa, is he then an American African?
So many unanswerable questions floating around. We can put men in space but still wonder why we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway. Oh the odd odd things that float through my mind. Why do sports players make millions while teachers are asked to work for free? Janet Jackson shows boob and the nation has a fit. Victoria's Secret models walk around mostly naked in prime time and ratings go up? You can go to jail longer for tax fraud than you can for rape? Why are pants plural but panties singular? Which came first, the chicken or the egg (and no, it wasn't the rooster).

Speaking of eggs. So I'm making some breakfast at the butt crack of this morning and looking at the eggs in the fridge I notice they seem a bit large. So I take a better look at the package and notice that these are extra special double yoke eggs. Double yokes? Yep, all three eggs I cracked contained two yokes. What the hell are we doing to our food? I want to see these super chickens popping out such large eggs. What had to happen to create two yokes?? The things we put in our bodies.

Watching tv tonight I had to laugh at some of the drug advertisements. "In some rare cases death has occurred"??? They aren't saying that it COULD happen, or may happen. It actually happened. Some poor shmuck bought this wunderpill to do some new wonderful thing (get instantly skinny, cure allergies, make eyelashes grow, make other things grow) and they DIED. And people still buy this crap? The side effects of this crap seem worse than than the reason people take them. I don't get it!! It's like eating puffer fish. I've been told it really isn't all that good. Plenty of other fish in the sea. So why would you eat a fish that may well kill you if it wasn't prepared properly? Why not just play Russian roulet with a semi-auto? Go bungie jumping with the cord around your kneck instead of your anckles. Silly.

Hopefully sleep will not elude me again tonight. As tired as I am, I don't think it will be an issue. The weather has cooled. I may have to go dog hunting, but other than that, I am hopefull I will get a full nights sleep. I need it. Very badly. Of course, if not, I can always find some magic pill to help right? Warning this sleeping pill may cause drowsiness, do not operate machinery. Don't take preperation H orally. Do not place hand under running lawnmower. I'm going to put my car on cruise control and take a knap so I can sue ford when I crash. Or perhaps cruise by Starbucks for some HOT coffee and spill it in my lap. Why work for my money. Who wants to sue Marlboro because I didn't know that sucking carcinogins into my body on a regular basis was bad for me?? I'm going to sue McDonalds because I'm fat. Oh, and Comcast too, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be sitting here in front of my computer.

Live long, laugh often and love like you can't be hurt.

No comments: