Thursday, September 2, 2010

Healthy cooking

OK, so one of my biggest problems with changing the way I eat is, I hate healthy food. I like meat and potatoes and pasta and bread. Wanna make me happy? Biscuits and gravy. Bloody rare steak. That's what I like to eat. So, I've been looking at different recipes, different ideas for making things I like, only healthier.

Made chicken fingers tonight. Used egg whites and cottage cheese to dampen them and then dredged them in instant potatoes, salt, pepper, and a touch of powdered ranch mix. Crossed my fingers and........ Yum!

I wanted quiche the other day, but didn't want the crust. So, I tried making it without the crust. Eggs, peppers, garlic, spinach and a cheese topping. Came out delicious.

I know I will never be a vegetarian or anything, but I also know I have to change my eating habits. So, the search begins. How to make the food I like, but a healthy version. Oh, and portion control, that's my other huge issue. Working on that too.

No comments: