Sunday, February 19, 2012

Frustration

With myself. I know what I need to do. Hell, I know how to do it. But when it comes to doing it I seem to consistently fall short. I make it to the course, I tee up the ball, even get the club out the bag. But when it comes to taking a swing at the ball, apparently I need to work on that. I sit and stair at the ball, expecting it to magically fly through the air and into the cup all on its own.

Now wouldn't that be nice,  magical hole in one, every time, with no effort. Too bad it doesn't work like that. It's so easy for me, so practiced, for me to just give up, not try, not put out the effort. It's been the way of my life for 38 years. Changing that is HARD.

I have at this point changed so much about me. The way I think about things, the way I feel about things. The way I feel in general. All totally different than a year or more ago. Yet I find some aspects of me so very stubborn. So resistant to change.

So, it's time to work on the swing and the follow through. The stroke needs some help. I'd like to at least get the ball on the green.

No comments: