Friday, March 23, 2012

Do you ever take time to sit and ponder your life? The past, present and future. I do. More and more as I get older. I sit and think about the past, ponder what events in life made me the me that I am today.

I believe quite firmly believe that those persons who claim to have no regrets are either completely full of shit or deluding themselves. There is the third option of course, they've never left the house. I have many regrets. Burned bridges, lost friends, missed opportunities. Not to mention stupid choices, lots of those.

But then there is the positive side of things, that side I have such trouble seeing most days. I try and think about what I have done, what I have accomplished, the places I've been and the things I've seen.

I have to remind myself that I've earned my aches and pains. I have to remind me to be nice to me. So I've tried being nice to me this last week. I've done things I haven't done in many years. I bought clothes. I got comfortable shoes for walking. I'm doing everything I can think of to eliminate my excuses. And I have so many of them.

No comments: