Thursday, May 17, 2012

vacation from hell

the remains of my fan belt
Ahhh, so finally a chance to get away. A few days of camping at the beach. Sounds wonderful. We got out the tent, the new tarps, brand new cot bought just for this purpose and loaded up the van. Off for some rest and relaxation at Ft. Stevens state park. You can see the photo above of what was left of my fan belt when I pulled into the camping spot.

got pollin?
So, got a new fan belt and then realized I had neglected to pack the appropriate tools to replace it. 6 hours later and a call to a towing company, finally got the fan belt replaced. Vacation continues. Until that night when the brand new cot I bought decided it didn't want to hold my ass up and I ended up sleeping in my van.

Fast forward a couple days and one blown up transmission. Yep, that's right, dropped the transmission. Not just a little, but a lot, killed it. Dead. So, a whole lot of money I didn't have later, back on the road and home. I think I'll skip vacation from now on.

No comments: