Wednesday, August 7, 2013

so close to surgery

It seems like I've been at this forever. Clawing my way out of the hole I made for myself with my physical health as well as my mental health. And I don't think the battles will ever end.

I have been measure, weighed, poked, prodded, x-rayed, pumped full of chemicals, hooked up to million dollar machines. I've been down and up and down again. I have tried so many different things I've lost track. I've changed my diet, changed it again, changed it some more. I've added medications, changed medications, stopped taking medications. Therapy, doctor visits.

But I'm finally close to surgery. 9 more pounds to lose and I can get a surgery date. 9 pounds. That's all that remains between me and a life altering surgery. It finally feels like I will actually get there.

No comments: