Saturday, August 29, 2015

After one week with a plan

This is what I've found to be true.


  • My workouts are shorter and more productive.
  • I'm able to target specific muscle groups better. 
  • Alternating specific muscle groups allows me to lift harder and longer.
  • I am much more focused. 
  • I can now see what I need to work on.
  • I now know what causes certain pain and what doesn't. 
  • I have more energy after my workout
  • I don't wander aimlessly wondering what to do next
  • I don't forget one exercise and repeat another. 
So while it's only been one week, it's gone well. I've found all the suggested reasons for having a plan and keeping a record to be valid for me. After only 5 days I can feel the difference. After each workout I know without a doubt that I hit the targeted muscles. And yet those muscles have plenty of time to recover before I abuse them again. Instead of having one body part aching from DOMs, it's all of them. 

For the next few weeks the routine is this:

Monday/Friday: Legs
Tuesday: Back & Biceps
Wednesday: Chest & Triceps
Thursday: Shoulders
Saturday is either a rest day or a goof off day
Sunday is a rest day. 

Worked really well for this week. Hopefully next week will go equally as well. I have left room to alter exercises if need be. Add one in, take one out, as long as it focuses on the same body part. That is the nice thing about doing it like this, you can change it up a lot easier. 

The research continues..........

No comments: