Friday, October 16, 2015

It's a matter of perspective


Ever notice that? Diet and exercise have such negative connotations. What is the first thing you think of when hearing or reading the word diet? Being hungry. Eating boring food. Rice cakes (those are actually really bad for you) and rabbit food. You probably don't think about grilled chicken covered in a light garlic cream sauce, steamed vegetables and brown rice. When we think of "exercise" it's that hour on the treadmill or that step class you hate, not taking the kids to the park and playing with them. Why are athletes successful? Perspective. Eating right and training isn't a punishment to them, it's a choice. I now look at it as an investment in my future. It's no longer something I'm forced to do, it's something I want to do. It makes me feel better. It makes me happy. And that makes it easier. If you hate it, if you go into it with a negative mindset, you won't keep doing it. Athletes WANT to succeed. That's why they train. That's why they eat. One is kind of useless without the other. Change your perspective and you can change life.

No comments: