Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to School, again


Still seems odd to be going to school at my age. Some days I feel ancient wandering around amongst the 18-20 somethings at school. I so wish that I would have had more direction in my life when I was younger. I wish I had been able to pick a path and stick with it. I knew kids when I was in school that knew exactly what they wanted to do with the life they were given. They had plans, dreams, goals. I never did. I wandered. I moved more times than I can count, originally with my parents (obviously) and then on my own once I moved out. Or, more accurately, once I moved on and they didn't.

I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, Rhode Island and Connecticut. I've spent time in Florida, Alaska, Montana, Idaho (very briefly) and many points in between. I've seen a lot of this country, had a lot of different jobs, known a lot of different people. I can honestly say, I have experienced more than most people ever get the chance to. I've seen the Northern Lights and the Green Flash at sunset. I've seen glaciers calve and cows calve. I wish I had more pictures of it all. Unfortunetly, all I have of most are my memories.

Here's a few more pictures from Alaska from a few years ago.

Ah well. Now I have somewhat of a direction to go in, though it's really more than one direction I suppose. I am getting an Associates in Computer Networking, something that will pay the bills and hopefully allow for year round, consistent, long term work. I'm also working on getting better at photography, taking classes on lighting, digital photography and photography in general. Then, on top of all of that are the web design classes so I can learn how to build sites like this one. All that is going to make for a very bussy two years.

No comments: