Thursday, December 18, 2008

The weather.

I had to laugh as I was reading back over what I have written on here. My last few blogs I was complaining about the heat and how I wish the summer was over. Now, here we are in the middle of winter and the weather has certainly changed. Though the snow is pretty much gone from the ground at the moment, it seems that the rain is trying to turn to snow once again. I hate the cold! See, I'm just never happy. Don't like the summer heat, don't like the winter cold.

It's especially interesting living in an area where it doesn't snow very often and the majority of people have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how to drive in snow and ice. The ever present "I have 4 wheel drive so I can go fast" crowd. The scared, going 5 miles an hour crowd (those I think are the most irritating. If you are that scared, don't drive, you're an accident waiting to happen). And then the few of us who have no issue driving in it. I kind of like it, it's fun, scary and challenging all at the same time. Comfort levels in nasty driving conditions have a lot to do with knowing how to handle your vehicle. Most people have no idea.

Anyway, it went from frozen and white to cold and wet. The weather man was predicting lots of snow over night, that didn't happen, at least not on the valley floor. Schools were canceled today in anticipation of the great o8 blizzard. Road crews worked over time getting sanding trucks and plows ready... Ooops. Kind of funny actually. Well, maybe it will snow later and make them all feel better.

I never did get out and take any pictures of the "winter wonderland" as I wanted to. I seem to have lost all motivation to do anything. This time of year, all I want to do is sleep. Another reason I hate winter. It adds to the depression. I especially hate Christmas. It means another year has passed, I'm another year older. 35? How the hell did that happen?

35 years old, no job, no income, going back to school again, no stability in my life yet. Kids to worry about, support and protect. I always thought that by this point in my life I would be in a much different place than I am. I thought I would have my own home (or large boat), money in the bank, a nice nest egg for retirement. But nope, that didn't happen.

I should look at my current situation as an ends to a means, a short term downside to get me to a long term goal. I should have gone to school a long time ago instead of screwing around for most of my life. Though, I did that once and thought I would be working on boats for a long long time. Things change, especially in my life.

No comments: