Sunday, November 6, 2011

short days, long nights and no motivation.

I truly hate this time of  year. For a lot of reasons. Some personal, some ethical but mostly it's just the lack of sun. I hate these short, cold days followed by long cold nights. The damp makes my bones hurt.

The problems I have this time of year are depression, too many memories. The realization that I'm almost another year older. I like to eat this time of year. The thoughtless eating becomes a huge issue. I like comfort food this time of year. Meat and bread. The complete lack of motivation is hard to deal with too. I feel like a bear, I just want to hibernate till spring.

Tis the eating season. I won't do it, not this year, not again. I have consistently gained weight every year. This year I'm going the other weigh. My christmas/birthday present this year from me to me is going to me a smaller waist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rootin' for you Howard. I know the feeling of these long dark cold winter days. Both my son and I have SADS. Full spectrum light has helped a little along with vitamin D supplements. It's not fun having those feeling though. I believe you have the determination to go through these holidays and maintain or lose weight. No gaining this year and I believe that. I'm on MFP too. ChristinaK42

Sue said...

I will share with you a little bit of something that someone told me and I have lived by it since...makes it a LOT easier for me....Succeed today. That's it. Just succeed today. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not here to do anything about yet so just succeed today. I don't know what you have been through but just know that things happen and they make us feel things...feel them and know that they don't have to effect who you are, they just make you feel. Let it make you stronger and help you be who you wanna be! Succeed today!