Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blank

I keep opening this page to write something and every time I leave it blank. Much like I feel these last couple weeks, blank. Simply empty and drained. My life and my mind have been filled with chaos for so long, now that it's stilled I'm not sure what to do with myself. I've become more grounded and centered than I have ever been and I know not what to do with it.

Many I suppose would welcome the quiet of mind. For me it's almost painful. It is akin to being at a loud, bright, crowded concert and then suddenly being shifted to an empty island with no light, sound or activity. The change is almost shocking. Certainly disorienting. So I sit and ponder. The thoughts that once were like a tsunami crashing against the shores of my mind are now more like a gentle lapping wave in a small lake. It leaves me at a loss.


No comments: